Page Turners to Cozy Up to this Fall
We are well into fall and the urge to curl up and hibernate is strong. We believe there's simply nothing better than passing the time with a good book - or two or three! All you'll need, aside from this list of 10 highly recommended reads, is a comfy blanket and mug of something warm.
Let us know which are your favourites!
- Wild Game - Adrienne Brodeur. Listen to a free Audible audio sample here.
- Grand Union - Zadie Smith. Read the full review here.
- The Testaments - Margaret Atwood. This is a long-awaited follow-up to Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale.
- Red At The Bone - Jacqueline Woodson. Read a full description here.
- Quichotte – Salman Rushdie. This book was long listed for the Man Booker Prize.
- The World That We Knew - Alice Hoffman. Read reviews and download or purchase here.
- Olive, Again - Elizabeth Strout. This is a sequel to the Pulitzer Prize–winning story collection featuring Olive Kitteridge.
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know – Malcolm Gladwell. Gladwell is host of the podcast Revisionist History and this is his second book following his #1 best seller.
- Akin – Emma Donoghue. The author of the literary phenomenon Room (which also became a Netflix movie) returns with a soul-stirring novel.