Add Festive Flair to Your Home With These Simple Decor Ideas
Looking for a way to decorate your home for the holidays without dipping into your gift budget? There are many ways to fill your space with holiday cheer that require more creativity than cash. Here are just a few great decor ideas.
- Make your own wreaths. Making your own wreath is much easier than you might think. Pick up a base wreath made of Styrofoam or wood, or even start with a standard wire clothes hanger bent into the shape of a circle. Then, just cover with eucalyptus, pine branches, holly, or colorful berries.
- Fill vases with bulbs. If you have more bulbs and ornaments than you know what to do with, use them to fill clear vases for a quick centerpiece.
- Hang garland. Buy live pine garland in bulk and drape it all over every bare surface: doorways, shelves, tabletops, and anywhere that could use some cheer.
- Hang holiday cards. Use all of those cards that you get in the mail as decorations themselves. Use a removable putty to pin them to door frames, a wall, or a bulletin board.
- Make your own votives. Spray cheap votive candles with snow-like craft spray or metallic gold paint to create a festive look that's perfect for your holiday dinner.
How to Decorate for Christmas [WikiHow]
Simple Ways to Decorate for Christmas [Better Homes and Gardens]
24 Cheap Christmas Decorations You Can Make Yourself [Reader's Digest]