Location: Prince George
Job Type: Full Time
Are you an attention-to-the-details person with a proven history of responsibility, working well both with a team and independently, and are you resourceful and responsible? If so, Kelson Group is looking for a Landscaper/Labourer to work with our team in Prince George, BC who would be reporting to the City Maintenance Manager and Property Manager.
Our company has been in operation for over 45 years, and we have a track record within the industry of excellence for our extensive portfolio of properties in B.C. and Alberta, our community service, and for our commitment to employee development and growth. Our aim is to provide apartments to help our residents live better!
This would be a full-time position with landscaping responsibilities during Spring, Summer, and Fall and then joining our renovation and maintenance crew as a general labourer during the winter months.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum Gr 12 diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with reliable transportation and be bondable. Truck is required to pull equipment trailer. (Vehicle allowance provided).
- Proven experience in landscaping, including knowledge of plants, trees, and hardscaping materials preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate landscaping equipment and tools and a willingness to train and work with new equipment.
- Physical stamina and strength to perform tasks such as lifting heavy objects and working in various weather conditions.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Be accountable and dependable with good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently within a team environment, with minimal supervision.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use a phone or tablet for time tracking and emails.
- Load, unload and transport building material, machinery and tools and distribute as required.
- Design and plan outdoor spaces, including the selection of plants, shrubs, trees, and other landscaping materials.
- Communicate landscaping needs and preferences and provide recommendations to Property Manager
- Perform basic landscaping tasks, such as mowing lawns, planting flowers, trimming hedges, raking leaves, moving soil and pruning trees.
- Learn and perform basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and other renovation duties during the winter months under the guidance of our City Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain irrigation systems, including sprinklers and drip systems.
- Operate and maintain landscaping equipment, such as lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, and chainsaws.
- Provide regular maintenance services, including fertilizing, mulching, and weed control.
- Clean, prepare and maintain construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Help team clear snow during winter months.
- Respect and respond to direction given by supervisors and avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Keep a daily, detailed log of tasks and submit time sheets electronically.
- Understand and comply with all Kelson Group policies and procedures.
- Engage in any educational or training programs offered by the company.
- Any other assigned duties that may arise.
Flexibility to be on call and respond to emergencies and work irregular hours if necessary and on short notice.
- Employer paid medical and dental coverage.
- Matching RRSP plan.
- Continuing educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, online courses).
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Potential for advancement.
Salary: $25-30 per hour
Please send resumes to email@example.com