Job Type: Full Time
Are you an attention-to-the-details person with a proven history of responsibility, working well both with a team and independently, and are you resourceful and responsible? If so, Kelson Group is looking for a full-time Cleaner to work with our team in Prince George.
Our company has been in operation for over 45 years, and we have a track record within the industry of excellence for our extensive portfolio of properties in B.C. and Alberta, our community service, and for our commitment to employee development and growth. Our aim is to provide apartments to help our residents live better! As a Cleaner for Kelson Group, your work is to deliver outstanding customer service along with cleaning the residential apartment complexes which is a huge part of how we live out this promise for our residents every day.
The Cleaner will be responsible for keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition, and will perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming and gather and remove trash. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. Clean and polish furniture, handrails and fixtures. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees. Dust furniture, walls, machines, railings and equipment. Keep entrance ways clean and free of debris.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Work independently
- Performs general clean up of the apartment building.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls and common areas.
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Performs minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
- Contacts appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Independently commute to and from work.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Employer paid medical and dental coverage.
- Matching RRSP plan
- Continuing educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, online courses).
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
Please send resumes to email@example.com