If you are looking to advance your career with a progressive company that offers flexibility, excellent benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth, join our Kelson Group team in Surrey, BC.
Our company has been in operation for over 45 years, and we have a track record within the industry of excellence for our extensive portfolio of properties in B.C. and Alberta, our community service, and for our commitment to employee development and growth. Our aim is to provide apartments to help our residents live better. As a Building Manager for Kelson Group, your work is to deliver outstandingly customer service which is a huge part of how we live out this promise for our residents every day.
Responsibilities include oversee the day-to-day operations of 90+ suites with the goal of having clean, full, and well-maintained building with happy residents.
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
OVERVIEW: The Building Manager is the company's sales representative whose primary duties are to answer calls from prospective residents, to present professionally the features and benefits of the Edmonton communities, properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons, dealing with residents' requests and on-site maintenance. The Building Manager is very service oriented and strives to make prospective and current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspects "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a prospect call or resident.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining lead management tracking software as required.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Notify marketing department to reflect current market pricing/availability on a weekly basis.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing communities.
- Responsible to maintain a market survey and to visit neighboring properties in order to gain an awareness of the competitive landscape.
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Completes lease applications, assists with application verification & notifies prospective residents of results.
- Completes lease paperwork and accepts deposits.
- Completes Pre-Qualification form on all prospects and performs follow-ups.
- Completes all tracking and logs as required.
- Completes required entry into Kelson Suites and Google Docs
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Collection of rent, recording and reporting of all transactions
MAINTENACE AND CLEANING
- Thorough cleaning of all common areas and property on a regular basis, laundry room, elevators and suites.
- General maintenance and knowledge of building systems including but not limited to fire safety, boilers, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Managing and organizing outside building contractors when required to complete repairs and maintenance work in the property and apartments.
- Ensure the general safety of residents and maintain top quality curb appeal.
- Snow shoveling and ice melt application required
- Maintain curb appeal with seasonal plants and minimal gardening
- On call emergencies evenings and weekends.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Position requires excellent customer service with leasing and closing skills, computer skills, organized and must have their own vehicle. Employees will be required to work a flexible workweek.
- Must live on-site.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong self-discipline and initiative.
- Dedication to cleanliness and being organized.
- Successful sales experiences.
- Enjoy goal setting and achieving objectives.
- Ability to handle demanding customers and situations.
- Previous experience an asset but will train motivated person(s) with great experiences.
- Personal transportation to travel to apartment communities as needed.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance
- Employer paid medical and dental coverage
- Matching RRSP plan
- Continuing educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, online courses)
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and performance