Are you an attention-to-the-details person with a proven history of responsibility, working well both with a team and independently, and are you resourceful and responsible? If so, Kelson Group is looking for a Renovation Worker to work with our team in Prince George.
Our company has been in operation for over 45 years, and we have a track record within the industry of excellence for our extensive portfolio of properties in B.C. and Alberta, our community service, and for our commitment to employee development and growth. Our aim is to provide apartments to help our residents live better! As a Maintenance Worker for Kelson Group, your work is to deliver outstanding customer service along with repairs and maintenance of a residential apartment complex which is a huge part of how we live out this promise for our residents every day.
Renovation Worker – Responsible for the tear out and re-construction of a residential apartment suite.
Responsibilities include performing physical, construction related tasks, operating various hand and power tools, cleaning and preparing work sites, and completing required renovation projects using a variety of basic craft skills, such as carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Minimum Gr 12 diploma / GED and at least 1 year of renovation related experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be bondable.
• Ability and knowledge to safely operate various hand and power tools.
• Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred.
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
• Be accountable and dependable with good time management and problem solving skills.
• Able to work independently within a team environment, with minimal supervision.
• Able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess basic computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and web-based software.
• Sufficiently fit to handle all physical aspects of the job, including lifting and hauling up to 80 lbs.
• Load, unload and transport building material, machinery and tools and distribute as required.
• Perform demolition work and salvage useful material as directed.
• Perform basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical work during renovation activities.
• Perform drywall, boarding, taping, mudding and sanding duties.
• Prepare, install and grout various types of tile.
• Clean, prepare and maintain construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
• Respect and respond to direction given by supervisors and avoid unnecessary conflict.
• Keep a daily, detailed log of tasks and submit timesheets electronically.
• Understand and comply with all Kelson Group policies and procedures.
• Engage in any educational or training programs offered by the company.
• Any other assigned duties that may arise.
Flexibility to be on call and respond to emergencies and work irregular hours if necessary and on short notice.
• Employer paid medical and dental coverage
• Matching RRSP plan
• Continuing educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, online courses)
• Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and performance
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com