We are looking for an experienced and reliable part-time cleaning person for our apartment building. Must have reliable transportation, and know how to get things done quickly with an eye for detail while maintaining a positive working relationship with co-workers and residents.
The Cleaner will be responsible for keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition, and will perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming and gather and remove trash. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures. Clean and polish furniture, handrails and fixtures. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees. Dust furniture, walls, machines, railings and equipment. Keep entrance ways clean and free of debris.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Work independently
- Performs general clean up of the apartment building.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls and common areas.
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Performs minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds etc.
- Contacts appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 1 year of cleaning experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
This position is for 24-30 hours per week, Monday to Friday beginning early September. Please forward all resumes to Joy@kelsongroup.com or fax to 250-372-1939.